* Princess Beatrix (r) with her grandchildren Zaria and Luana and Princess Mabel (r to l). Also in white Eloise, Alexia and Amalia.
The funeral of Prince Friso was one of the rare occasions were all (adult) members of the Dutch Royal Family could be seen. Princess Beatrix and her three sisters Irene, Margriet and Christina and their children and partners were all present to accompany Prince Friso, who died last Monday in The Hague, to his final resting place at the local cemetery in Lage Vuursche.
As the family made its way from Beatrix' former en future home Drakensteyn Castle to the Stulp Church the family could be observed from a distance by the public and media. It also provided an opportunity to take stock of the family and see who is who.
* Queen Máxima, Princess Mabel with daughters Luana and Zaria, Princess Beatrix. Behind Mabel Norway's King Harald (godfather to Prince Friso), Princess Laurentien with Máxima's daughters Amalia and Alexia in front of her, Christina von der Recke (a sister of the late Prince Claus and godmother to Prince Friso), King Willem-Alexander, with Prince Constantijn right behind him (r).
Beatrix' eldest son King Willem-Alexander and his wife Queen Máxima tried to stay out of the lime light with their three daughters Amalia, Alexia and Ariane (pictured above) Beatrix' youngest son Prince Constantijn with wife Princess Laurentien and daughters Eloise (photo at top, at far right) and Leonore and son Claus - the only boy among Beatrix' 8 grandchildren, above with his father - were not easy to pick out.
The former queen's three sisters Irene, Margriet - with husband Pieter van Vollenhoven - and Christina followed immediately after the brothers of Friso and the sisters of Mabel and their families. (Pictured above, front row)
The rest of the Royal Family - the Netherlands officially has two, including the non reigning House of Bourbon de Parme, the children of Princess Irene and her former and late husband Prince Carlos Hugo of Bourbon-Parma - had mixed with friends of Friso.
* From left: Bernardo Guillermo (son of Princess Christina), Nicolás Guillermo, Viktória Cservenyák with fiance Prince Jaime de Bourbon de Parme, Princess Margarita de Bourbon de Parme with husband Tjalling ten Cate (between Jaime and Margarita their sister Princess Carolina), and far right Prince Bernhard (son of Princess Margriet).
* Friso's good friend Adam Anders is followed by Prince Maurits, Juliana Guillermo, Princess Annette and Prince Bernhard.
* On the left Princess Anita, Prince Pieter-Christiaan, Princess Aimée and Prince Floris - both princes are sons of Princess Margriet.
* Pictured right: Nicolás Guillermo, Annemarie and Carlos, Viktória Cservenyák and Prince Jaime, Bernardo Guillermo.
Further back were Princes Maurits, Pieter-Christiaan and Floris with their wives Princesses Marilène, Anita and Aimée, and Princess Annette walked with her husband Prince Bernhard.
Juliana Guillermo joined Prince Maurits on the way to the church, and returned with her brothers.
© Royalblog NL, Hans Jacobs; Photos: © ANP Handout Koen van Weel, © RPE Albert Nieboer